Custom Precision Ground Ball Screws
Dynatect manufactures custom precision-ground ball screws for both new designs (OEM) as well as replacement applications. You are not “locked in” to a few ball screw and nut designs in a catalog. Our standard procedure to manufacture to your specifications will minimize the need for you to retrofit or adjust other components.
Our engineers will work with you to build your assembly to your specifications. Our fully automated CAD system allows us to design and modify in real time, so we can deliver a model early in your design.
View the Return Designs tab below to view design options for balancing life, load, and speed. Ball screw diameter and lead sizes are offered in both imperial and metric sizes. We manufacture screw diameters from 5/8″ to 6″ and specialize in long screws.
New ball screw assemblies can be manufactured by: drawings, a sample unit, or with the specifications you provide us (see our Quote form)
- High Precision – Ball screws manufactured up to ANSI Class 2 or DIN/JIS Class 1 specification in our ISO9001-2008 certified manufacturing facility.
- Large Diameters (up to 6 inches) – Screw diameters from 5/8” to 6” (16mm to 150mm). Larger diameters may be available upon request.
- Long Screw Lengths – Available in virtually any length. (Our longest ball screw is 54 feet in length.)
- “Zero Lost Motion” Solutions – We customize your design to minimize backlash and eliminate deadband.
- Internal Ball Return* – Our internal ball return designs provide the following benefits:
- Optimal life – balls travel in paths that are tangent to the pitch, resulting in longer life and reduced wear
- Higher operating speeds – travel path increases permissible speed
- Smooth operation and low noise – balls spend less time traveling unloaded
- Cost-effective design – a single component which allows for smallest overall package sizes
- Ease of installation – components protected by design means low risk of damage during installation
- *Note: External tube ball return designs can be provided to accommodate shorter length nut designs and multistart screws can be provided for long lead – high capacity applications.
- Full Customization – Your ball screw will be configured with the options you specify, and can be further customized for a complete solution that is quick and easy to install, saving you time and money.
- Ball nut style/configuration (single or double nut, 2-piece flange to flange nut, middle flange nut)
- Internal or external ball returns
- Wipers and end seals
- Custom journal ends
- Custom housing and mounting blocks
End Cap Return – Single circuit with multiple turns.
- Best for long lead applications where lead is greater than 50% of the screw diameter
- Smaller overall package space versus external tube design
- Best design for balancing life and load
Internal Button Return – Single turn with multiple circuits.
- Good for typical lead and diameter combinations
- Smallest overall package space versus end cap and external tube returns
- Best design for balancing life and speed
Ball Screw Resources
Want to speak with our ball screw experts? Call us at (262) 786-1500.