Way wipers wipe away chips and oil as the machine is in operation, and are available in standard or custom profiles.
- Stock Way Wipers (no tooling charges) – See tab below for wiper profiles
- Custom Way Wipers – Molded Wipers (Polyurethane) or Fabricated Wipers (Nitrile)
- Are you looking for Telescopic Replacement Wipers & Parts?
Stock Way Wipers
Gortite® stock wipers save costly maintenance, reduce downtime, and prolong the service life of machine tool ways. They are molded from abrasion and oil-resistant Buna-N elastomer. Four types of molded wipers and two types of steel edged way wipers are available from stock for fast delivery, without tooling charges.
Standard 22″ Length Stock Wipers
All four types (A, B, C, D) are available in standard 22″ lengths and the wiper material is nitrile. Over sized holes may be drilled in wiper and screws may be used to attach wiper. (Use of over-sized holes makes it easy to adjust the wiper closer to the way for extended service life.)
- Type A (part no. 220001) – Metal enclosed molded nitrile wiper with a finger spring to act as a chip guard. The metal insert is 20 ga. galvanized steel and the guard is .01 in. thick spring steel.
- Type B (part no. 220002) – Molded nitrile wiper with metal strip bonded to one side. The metal insert is 20 ga. galvanized steel and the guard is .01 in. thick spring steel.
- Type C (part no. 220003) – Molded nitrile wiper only. Metal mounting plate recommended.
- Type D (part no. 220004) – Molded nitrile wiper with light metal strip which acts as finger spring and chip guard. The metal insert is 20 ga. galvanized steel and the guard is .01 in. thick spring steel
Gortite Steel Edge Knee Wipers
The oil resistant nitrile (Buna-N) rubber wiper includes a molded in steel mounting plate plus a thin spring-steel guard along the length of the wiping edge. A unique wiper for tough applications where the aggressive properties of the spring-steel against the surface being wiped are required along with the flex of the nitrile rubber hinge. The wiper be used as a wiper or a light-duty scraper on uneven sheet metal applications. The wiper can be easily cut to the required length, and over-sized holes may be drilled for easy installation and adjustment.
- K4628 – Available in 27” lengths
- K8839 – Available in 31.5” Lengths
Steel Knee Wipers K4628 & K8839:
Additional Stock Wipers
- Part no. K1505 – 96” Long
- Part no. SK7062 – 3/4” Molded – 30” Long
- Part no. SK7082-30 – Low Profile Molded – 30” Long
Stock Wiper Profiles K1505, SK7062 & SK7082-30:
Custom Molded Way Wipers
Molded way wipers are made from high-quality polyurethane for exceptional abrasion resistance. Construction is one-piece with metal inserts. They are ideal for moderate to high volumes and OEM applications (a nominal tooling charge required). Metal chip guards are offered for heavy chip load applications. Standard profiles are 1″, 3/4″, and Low Profile (LP); also available are custom-engineered cross sections to your specifications. Molded urethane way wipers are also available by part number for Okuma and Mori Seiki machines. Wipers include molded-in steel insert plates and pre-drilled mounting holes for fast, easy installation.
Custom Fabricated Way Wipers
Fabricated way wipers are ideal for low to moderate volumes, typically used in maintenance and repair applications. They are fabricated from corners and straight lengths of molded Buna-N rubber – two basic styles are available:
1. Type A – For heavy chip loads and coolants. Fully enclosed in a metal channel with spring-steel chip guard.
2. Type B – Large wiping edge for heavy coolant applications. Both styles supplied with mounting plate for easy installation. If what you need is not shown, Dynatect can make most any shape. Send a drawing of your custom profile or contact us for instructions on sending in your wiper product for quoting.
Want to speak with our Polyclutch experts? Call us at (262) 786-1500.