Folded bellows are often used in applications requiring the cover to be air and light tight, such as laser bellows. These covers can also be used in applications requiring bellows to be able to handle internal or external pressure and motion. Folded covers are constructed out of elastomer-coated or thermoplastic materials. Square or rectangular designs can be tapered, including offset configurations.
Features & Benefits:
- Completely sealed from light, air and dirt penetration
- High durability – can withstand high cycles and high-speed movement
- No tooling charges
- Vertical, horizontal or cross-rail protection for machine components and ways
- Laser beam paths, air ducts, cameras, copy machines, enlargers, imaging equipment
- Operating environments involving weld spatter, heavy chip loads, abrasives, and hot sparks that would quickly damage a traditional bellows
Want to speak with our bellows experts? Call us at (262) 786-1500.