Manufactured of durable, elastomer-coated fabrics, these seals allow lateral and axial movement of pipes up to several inches. Both bellows type and cone shaped seals have a zipper option that permits easy installation after piping has been installed. Zippered units have an air flap seal which overlaps the zipper and may be sealed with silicone for additional sealing. Non-zippered designs can be provided upon request.
- Applications: nuclear and conventional power plants, refineries, chemical plants
- Bellows and cone-type designs to allow lateral and axial movement
- Zippered for easy installation
- Custom made for any size pipe and sleeve size
Materials of Construction:
- Consult factory for materials and constructions that are fire tested per ASTM E-119-73 in accordance with American Nuclear Insurers (ANI) Standards
- Bellows and cones:
- Goralon/Nylon (general temperature range: -40° to 240° F; excellent UV, ozone and weathering resistance)
- Silicone/Fiberglass (general temperature range: -100° to 450° F; excellent UV, ozone and weathering resistance)
- Mounting clamps: stainless steel worm gear type
- Zipper: brass teeth on nylon backing tape’
Sizes listed are applicable for both bellows and cone-type Gortiseal boots.
- Size S — Designed for 6” installed length up to +/- 2 inches lateral and axial movement
- Size M — Designed for 6” installed length up to +/- 4 inches lateral and axial movement
- Size L — Designed for 6” installed length up to +/- 6 inches lateral and axial movement
Other custom sizes are available on request.
(1) Select proper seal
(2) Unzip bellows or cone (suggest two man operation)
(3) Place around pipe or lagging & sleeve
(4) Rezip (suggest two man operation)
(5) Seal zipper opening with RTV silicone (suggest tube type applicator with nozzle). Allow 6 to 8 hours for silicone to cure. Do not disturb bellows until cure time has elapsed as it will loosen bond.
(6) position & tighten clamps on sleeve end. Extend bellows to dimension “C” “Live Length”. Position clamps on pipe end and tighten.
(7) Seal any cracks around bellows or collars with silicone to assure pressure tight seal.