Dynatect Advantages & Capabilities
- Broad network of 50+ local factory-trained representatives offer onsite support, technical advice and recommendations
- Speak directly to application specialists to receive upfront design assistance
- Fast delivery of customized products, from concept to application
- We will design and manufacture a turnkey engineered assembly (and one-time projects are not a problem!)
- Access to new solutions for your industry, thanks to our active product research and development programs
- Access to a broad range of materials including metal, engineered plastics, elastomers, and over 120 specialty textiles
- Dynatect has the largest portfolio of protective covers, and is the only North American manufacturer of both plastic and metallic cable carriers
- We can meet your needs from standard offerings to custom-engineered products configured around your application
- Regular repeat orders? Dynatect has kanban and JIT programs to ensure reliable delivery with minimal inventory
- Laser and waterjet cutting
- Horizontal and vertical machining
- Precision grinding
- Precision bending
- Thermoset extruding
- Automotive-grade painting
- Welding (metal and thermoplastics)
- Spring winding
- Assembly and finishing (buffing, painting, plating)
- Custom molding of plastics (injection, compression, transfer, RIM, hot cast, spin-cast, dip molding)
- Ball screw and metal way cover repair and refurbishment
Design & Engineering
- 2D and 3D design from engineering, to approval, to manufacturing
- Automated CAD-to-CAM processes
- R&D, design, and reverse engineering
- Leading-edge testing capabilities
- Free web conferencing service to quickly assemble a design team to facilitate engineered solutions
Our commitment to you: Listen and deliver a practical and cost-effective solution
As you browse our products, consider the designs you see here as merely a starting point. We’re always ready to innovate and we will customize your design whether you need just one piece or thousands. Our engineers and application specialists are keen listeners, and they understand that knowing the details of your situation is key to coming up with the perfect solution. We can draw from over 500,000 customized solutions to offer you the widest range of flexibility, backed by a unique blend of design ingenuity and support from concept through application.
Locations and Product Divisions
How it All Started
Seventy-five years ago, when founder Gerald “Doc” O’Rourke saw that neighborhood kids needed footballs and basketballs, he started a basement operation to provide them. After introducing a line of sewn leather industrial bellows, Dynatect (formerly A&A) began designing and manufacturing components used in virtually all types of equipment and machinery, becoming a single-source provider for machine protection, cable/hose management, and compartment roll-up doors. (Slip clutches, ball screws, and molded products were added in the last decade).
Today, Dynatect is a market leader in industrial equipment protection with six production facilities and over 500 employees worldwide. Dynatect provides customer proximity all over the world thanks to its subsidiaries in Europe and Asia.
- Founded in 1945, A&A got its start by specializing in the development of products using synthetic coated fabrics.
- In 1949 the company’s focus shifted to the development of flexible protective covers for the machine tool industry,evolving into today’s highly recognized line of dependable Gortite protective covers.
- Metal protective machine covers were added in 1967
- In 1970, the Gortrac division was founded to develop steel cable & hose carriers
- Multi-axis face shields and bus bellows were developed in 1973.
- A new 75,000 square foot manufacturing facility (cable carriers) was opened in 1998 in Valparaiso, IN
- In August 2000: introduced the Gortite Roll Up Door for fire & emergency vehicles.
- April 30, 2002, Dynatect acquired Milwaukee Protective Covers (MPC)
- In June 2008: purchased Custom Products Corporation, adding a 4th division, Polyclutch Slip Clutches
- In 2012 A&A Manufacturing acquired Ro-Lab American Rubber, headquartered in Tracy, California. Ro-Lab is a leading custom mixing and molding company specializing in engineered polymers since 1978.
- In 2012 A&A Manufacturing acquired Halltech GmbH headquartered in Schwaig, Germany, near Munich. Halltech is a leading provider of machine protection products in Germany and in Europe.
- 2013 acquired Lead Screws International, Inc (LSI). Headquartered in Traverse City, MI, LSI designs, manufactures and repairs ball screws.
- 2013 acquired MFB Technik Schillig in Bielefeld, Germany
- 2014 merged several brand names and operations under one unified trade name and brand mark, Dynatect Global.
- 2019 Halltech and MFG Consolidated became Dynatect Europe. Opened first facility in China for cable carrier assembly. Acquired Thodacon, a manufacturer of way wipers.
- 2020 Thodacon integrated into Dynatect Europe