Fabric Shade Roller
Light-Duty Industrial Roll-Up Covers for Machine Guarding
Dynatect shade rollers (also known as “vertiflex” covers) are custom-made protective roll-up covers for machine guarding, consisting of coated or uncoated textile material attached to an industrial spring roller. Metal housing can be added to protect the roll-up mechanism. Shade rollers are a simple and cost-effective solution for involuntary contact with machine components and protection against UV light or occasional liquid and debris.
Dynatect shade rollers are ideal for applications where:
- there is little room for other protective cover options,
- simple mounting and retrofitting are required,
- cost and delivery time are important factors,
- high speed and acceleration are needed,
- the complete seal of a bellows is not required
- A barrier for involuntary contact with machine components
- Equipment protection from contaminants such as liquid, light chip loads, dust and other particulate
- UV protection
- Shade rollers are available with mounting brackets, or with a protective canister with mounting surface in desired orientation.
- Optional brush or scraper to clean the shade as it retracts to protect the roll-up hardware.
- Channels are available to guide the shade as well as minimize the amount of contamination getting past the shade
- The end of the shade is fixed to the machine with customer’s choice of bracket configuration.
- Wide variety of standard and specialty materials available to suit the application. (see list below)
- Standard and specialty spring roller designs to handle high speeds
- Aluminized Fiberglass
- Aluminized Para-Aramid
- Chloroprene (aka Neoprene) /Nylon
- Food grade and other specialty materials
- Goralon (CSM)/Polyester
- Goralon® (CSM)/Nylon
- Polyurethane coated Polyester (single coated)
- Polyurethane-ester coated Polyester
- Polyurethane-Ester-Laminated Polyester Fabric
- PTFE Film (no fabric)
- Vinyl (PVC)/Polyester
Typical shade roller dimensions:
Reference the following diagrams to choose cover orientation, and indicate direction of contaminant to shade surface.
Horizontal canister mounting examples shown. If vertical or crossrail mounting, adjust canister style based on orientation.
Want to speak with our shade roller experts? Call us at (262) 786-1500.