Heat-sealed bellows are a popular choice for covering machine ways and linear rails. This style of bellows is applied in light to medium-duty environments, where small particles, light abrasives, occasional oil, chips or liquid are present. For added protection, a heat-sealed bellows can be turned into a Gordillo way cover, accomplished by attaching protective stainless steel plates to the top of each convolution.
Features & Benefits:
- No stitch holes, seams or breaks
- Cover retains shape throughout travel
- Stiffener profile can be made to match any way or rail geometry
- Attractive, clean, uniform appearance
- Excellent protection for linear bearings and other precision equipment
Heat-sealed way covers are manufactured from a single sheet of thermoplastic-coated fabric which is pleated, and then thermic welded to a PVC stiffener at every fold. Heat-sealed bellows are free from stitch holes, seams or breaks. Heat-sealed bellows are available in any flat sided (non-circular) form, e.g. rectangular, flat/strip-type, or way cover. It can be fabricated with metal plates attached to each convolution for added protection against sparks and hot chips. See Gordillo construction for more information.
- Polyurethane/Preox PAN + Para-Aramid
- Mounting plates
- Hook & Loop Fastener
- Tie Strips
- Stainless steel plates attached to each convolution
Want to speak with our bellows experts? Call us at (262) 786-1500.