Gortite®Aluminum Roll-Up Doors
Compartment Doors for Work Trucks, Fire Trucks, and Emergency Vehicles
Gortite aluminum roll-up doors provide secure, convenient access to equipment compartments.
- Made of strong, double-sided aluminum extrusions
- Durable stainless steel lift handle
- Smooth, easy operation with spring-loaded roller take-up
- Small take-up roller allows maximum use of compartment
- Smooth anodized aluminum or custom-painted finish to match your vehicle
- Full complement of options and accessories (see Accessories tab)
- Designed and manufactured in Valparaiso, Indiana
How to Order
So, How Do I Specify Gortite Roll-Up Doors? It’s Easy!
- Roll-up doors shall be Gortite brand manufactured by Dynatect Manufacturing, Inc.
- Roll-up doors to be constructed of double-sided aluminum extrusions. The extrusions are to be 1-3/8″ wide and 3/8″ thick with satin anodized finish or painted to match truck body.
- A flexible extrusion shall be between each slat to insure a weather-tight seal
- Aluminum extrusions shall be individually replaceable without disassembling the entire door by removing push out clips on each end
- Side channels for the door to ride in shall be provided with seals to prevent dirt and moisture from entering compartment. A single piece top drip rail shall be provided with a seal to prevent dirt and moisture from entering the compartment when the door is fully closed. Bottom of door will also be provided with a seal.
- All non-metallic parts to be glass-filled nylon
- Lift bar shall be made of stainless steel
- The door shall be capable of operating in temperatures of -40° F to 180° F
- Optional accessories shall include a magnetic door ajar system, compartment lighting, manual key lock, power lock, sill plate and pull strap for tall doors
Our Exclusive Gortite Roll-Up Door Warranty
Dynatect warrants its Gortite roll-up doors to be free from defects in materials and workmanship for a period of three years from the date of shipment.
The spring-loaded roller carries a lifetime warranty. All parts, with the exception of electronic equipment (which are warranted for 1 year) are covered under this warranty to the original owner. On painted doors, painted finish shall be warranted for five years from peeling or blistering. Damage due to accidents or external causes are not warranted.
- Keeps personnel safe by allowing them to remain closer to the vehicle
- Eliminates damage associated with swing-out doors
- Constructed of strong, double-sided aluminum extrusions
- Manual and powered lock options available to keep your items secure
- Smooth, satin anodized aluminum finish
- Avilable in custom painted finishes to precisely match your vehicle
Maximum Use of Compartment Space
- Small 3-inch diameter take-up roller minimizes header height
- Full view of compartment and easy access to equipment
Simple, Smooth Operation
- Fast and easy opening and closing
- Quiet, foam-covered idler roller dampens noise and vibration
- Rib design minimizes equipment hang ups
Easy Roller Door Installation & Field Replacement
- Quick and easy installation
- Aluminum extrusions are individually replaceable without disassembling the entire door by removing push out clips on each end
- Choose from several one-piece side rail options, with option mounting holes predrilled free of charge.
- Roll-Up Doors Manufactured in the USA
- Stainless steel lift bar (with additional bottom clearance for easy grip)
- Seals are made of Santoprene, which has a high resistance to UV’s and adjusts to both extreme cold and hot temperatures.
- Superior Protection against Leaking – The “G-Rib” design also has a polyurethane seal that rests up against the following rib creating a weather-tight seal when the door is closed.
- Superior Paint Process Protects against Chipping – Gortite’s paint process offers customers the ability to precisely match any vehicle color. To prevent paint chipping, the “G-Rib” design increases clearance between the ribs along the front and back edges of the door.
- Largest sales rep and technical support network nationwide
Options & Accessories
- Magnetic door ajar switch – allows operator to know instantly if door is not securely closed
- Manual Key Lock – Choice of standard key codes. Heavy-duty locks available for large doors.
- Power Lock – Compact design. Manual override in the event of a power failure.
- See-through slats – Rugged poly carbonate material. Suitable for interior or exterior compartments.
- Inside opening lift bar – For interior access to opening/closing door. Exclusive Gortite design.
- Bright, efficient LED compartment lighting – Bright, long-lasting and energy-efficient lighting at 30 Lumens per LED. Wide 180º dispersion angle. Water and salt resistant. Meets NFPA 1901 standard.
- Pull Strap or Pull Rope – Ideal for tall doors.
- Side Rail Options – Any of the side rails can be predrilled to your specifications, free of charge. There are 5 side rail options available to accommodate the structure of your equipment compartment: Standard, Universal, Recessed, P-Series, or R-Series.
- Door Finish – Available in Satin Anodized, Wet Painted, or Mill Finish
- Top Drip Rail – Optional
- Sill Plate – Optional – Standard or Universal
Note: Dimensions are shown in inches.
|Internal Height||Minimum Depth||Header Height*||Roll-Up Diameter|
|up to 25″||10||2.5||5.375|
|26″ to 35″||10.5||2.5||6|
|36″ to 50″||11.5||2.5||6|
|51″ to 60″||11.875||3.875||7.75|
|61″ to 70″||12.375||4.25||8.25|
|71″ to 90″||13.5||5.375||9.375|
|91″ to 104″||14.125||6.5||10.5|
*Minimum header height is 2.5 inches. Header heights shown can be used to better hide the rolled up door but are not necessarily required.
|Door Opening Width||Max. Internal Height|
|1||Side Rail, Left||1|
|2||Side Rail, Right||1|
|7||Door Seal Foam||1|
|8||Pennant Plate, Left||1|
|9||Pennant Plate, Right||1|
|11||Door Ajar Switch||1|
|12||Power Door Lock||1|
Questions? Call us at 262-786-1500 or 800-298-2066.
Standard Compartment Doors RFQ Form – Satisfies most vehicle/truck applications where door opens vertically to a standard equipment compartment
Multi-axis/”Bread Box Style” compartments RFQ Form – The typical application for a “bread box” style roll-up door is to provide convenient access to equipment located at the back of a work truck, such as hose reel or portable welder, but provide security when in transit to the work site. This style of door allows greater access to the sides and top of the compartment. The “bread box” style door has also been used in automation to isolate work processes or enclose machine tool changers. Dynatect will customize for each application. Max. Door Width: Approx. 5 ft. / Max. Door Length: 12 ft.